GARY RADFORD AND UMBERTO ECO
| Back to Main Page |
Umberto Eco and Gary Radford in the Manhattan apartment of Erica
October 17, 2002
Photograph by Marie Radford
On October 17, 2002, I received a phone call out of the
blue from none other than Dr. Umberto Eco, the world famous semiotician and
novelist. Dr. Eco said he had picked up a copy of my book On Eco in
the bookstore of Harvard University, and that he would like to meet with me to
talk about it further. You can read the story of what happened below.
- When Gary Met Eco, the story of a very special day,
New York City, October 17, 2002
- Phone Message left by Umberto Eco for Gary Radford, Fairleigh Dickinson University,
October 17, 2002
LISTEN TO THE UMBERTO ECO PHONE MESSAGE
- A photograph of Umberto Eco and Gary Radford, taken
at the apartment of Erica Jong, New York City, October 17, 2002
- Title page of On Eco by Gary Radford, signed by Umberto Eco, October 17, 2002
- A review of
On Eco by Allen B. Ruch.
- Some comments on On Eco by
Johan L. Tønnesson, a Norwegian scholar.
- A review by Ian Marshall, a teacher of English
Language and Media Studies from Wixley, North Yorkshire, UK.
- Purchase a copy of On Eco from
- Beware of the Fallout:
Umberto Eco and the Making of the Model Reader. Selected as the Top Paper by the
Theory and Methodology Interest Group of the Eastern Communication Association, and presented
at its 93rd Annual Conference, New York City, New York, April 24-28, 2002. Housed on the Porta
Ludovica Website (see below).
Porta Ludovica, the web's principal Umberto
- Umberto Eco radio interview, London, England: BBC Radio Four,
"Front Row," October 25, 2002
LISTEN TO THE UMBERTO ECO INTERVIEW
This page last updated December 24, 2010.